awards
1,971 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Dialogue With a Physical God (SW)
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 18:49:18 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The memory played back flawlessly as Oscar held the pokeball. Him stepping out of the Faraday Cage, the titanic Zapdos looking down at him. Zapdos leaning forward, as if expecting Oscar to do something. Oscar raising a pokeball to its beak, and Zapdos not moving away. There was a great flash, and then it was all over. It was so quick and abrupt, Oscar nearly thought that it had been a dream.

Yet here he was, holding the pokeball that contained a pokemon of legend. It was just like any other ball in his collection, and yet it almost seemed heavy within Oscar's palm. He had not had the guts to open it since that day, he kept meaning to but he would lose his nerve every time. Two weeks later, Oscar finally decided that it was time to truly meet Zapdos.

He had chosen the open field behind the power plant as the location for their first--encounter? Training session? It was hard to define. The sun was barely on its way toward rising, Oscar wanted to get this done early enough that no witnesses could accidentally come upon them. This was to be a private meeting--between him and a legend. Oscar took a deep breath before finally opening the ball.

He jumped a bit as Zapdos emerged, he had nearly forgotten how massive it was. The electric bird stretched out its wings as far as it could, adding onto its already imposing silhouette. Then it folded them in, creating the almost comical image of a giant spiky hen. Oscar smiled, doing his best not to burst out laughing. Zapdos was clearly not designed to rest. Zapdos looked around briefly before looking to Oscar, staring as it waited to be addressed.

Oscar gulped heavily before reluctantly raising a hand. "G-good morning Zapdos. Sorry it took so long, I got kinda nervous after I caught you." Zapdos did not react at first, before slowly nodding with acknowledgement. The regal motion did little to settle Oscar's nerves, "Well--I thought it would be a good idea--since we're gonna be companions for a while--to have a little talk to get to know each other. Y'know, set up some boundaries?" Zapdos blinked, and there was a long pause as Oscar tried to think of what to say. "Um--can you talk? I heard some legendary pokemon could like--talk with their mind or whatever."

Zapdos blinked again before shaking its head. Oscar let out a sigh of relief, "Cool, that would be a little much for me. So hey, I've thought about it and I think it would be a pretty good idea to like--let you be a free range bird. I mean, you don't seem the type to stay in one place for a long time and keeping you inside a pokeball at all times seems a bit silly. I'll probably use the pokeball if I need you around but otherwise I think it would be best if you were able to do what you want. I mean, seems fitting for a god and all..."

Zapdos stomped one of its talons and let out a low shriek. It was a minor display of power, and yet it still managed to send so much static in the air that the sky crackled. Oscar flinched, "What!? What did I say? The free range bird thing? The god comment?" Zapdos huffed harshly, leaning down to glare directly into Oscar's eyes. Oscar froze and nodded slowly, "Okay, okay I get it. You are not a god and don't like being called one. You're just Zapdos, I'm sorry."

Zapdos huffed again before leaning back up, its anger almost instantly melting away. The fact that it could be angered and yet calm itself so easily sent chills down Oscar's spine. This was not a pokemon to get on the bad side of. Oscar waved his hands a bit, "The rest of the idea is cool though right?" Zapdos's eyes looked upward as it thought for a moment before slowly nodding. Oscar once again sighed with relief, much heavier this time around. "Cool, glad to hear it. So ummm--I guess if you're down I have a few questions."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,787 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Dialogue With a Physical God (SW)
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 23:28:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MEDITITE APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TELEPATHY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIND READER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEDITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FEINT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DETECT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing